Stephen is a locomotive based on the famous steam engine, Stephenson's Rocket. Newer engines may be stronger and faster than him, but he makes up for it with his optimistic attitude and sense of humour. He was released in 2013 to mark his appearance in the upcoming special, King of the Railway.
- "Stephen Comes to Sodor"/"Fix-Me-Up" Stephen (2013)
- "Dusty" Stephen (2013)
- Stephen with Open Coach (2013)
- His tender is a part of his body.
- Stephen's rusty model has a tilted funnel, the first model to bear this feature.
- Stephen's regular model has six wheels but his rusty model only has four.
- His model only has six wheels. In the show, Stephen has four wheels on both his tender and himself.
- The original prototype featured a closed cab and had no front magnet.
- Stephen is one of the few engines to feature an open cab, the first being Neil.