Skarloey is a wise, old narrow gauge engine, and one of the oldest engines on the Island.
- Learning Curve
- 1996 (Wooden funnel, smaller face, pinker livery)
- 1999 (Plastic funnel, larger face, oranger livery)
- 2011 (Darker livery, new details)
- 2012 (CGI style face, additional details)
- 2013 (Curved edges, updated face, less details and longer magnet guards.)
- Skarloey was the first steam engine to receive front windows on his Wooden Railway model.
- His 1996 Prototype had Percy's face, a round roof, and flat magnets.
- In the 1996 Yearbook, a Prototype Skarloey was seen with James' face.
- His 1996-2005 model was part of the Lead Paint Crisis.
- Some 1996-1998 models used paint that chipped easily. The models introduced from 1999 onwards did not have this side effect.