- 1995 (White roof, flat magnets)
- 1996 (Round magnets)
- 2001 (black roof, red buffer beam, improved exhaust graphics)
- 2012 (Larger CGI style face, back window, and red lamp)
- 2013 (Updated details, nail removed, curved edges and longer magnet guards.)
- 2018 (No paint on chassis and various spots, thinner face, smaller one-piece body, molded funnel)
- The 1995 Rusty having flat magnets is likely due to existing stocks of flat magnets already at the factories at the time.
- Despite being discontinued separately after 1999, the 2001 Rusty was sold separately in 2006, but it was rather rare to find.
- He was not featured in the 1999 pamphlet, but was featured in yearbook.
- The 1995 Prototype was featured in the 1997-1998 pamphlets, but the picture of the 1996 version was featured in the yearbooks.