|Sodor Railroad Handcar|
The Handcar is another piece of rolling stock depicted in the Thomas Wooden Railway range. Handcars are mostly used as a way of maintenance or mining cars, but they are also used for passenger services.
- 2000 (cyan and yellow livery)
- 2001 (red and yellow livery)
- 2010 (navy and red livery)
- 2013 (red and blue livery, cancelled)
- The original Handcar model was blue with yellow handles.
- A second version with red and blue livery with yellow handles was also made as part of the Twist and Turn Battery-Powered Set.
- The third depiction is blue and red, with silver handles.
- The fourth version was planned to be included in the Farmhouse Pig Parade Set with a red livery and blue handles, as well as a figure of The Photographer. It was also longer compared to the previous three models. However, for unknown reasons, it was cancelled.
- Despite Thomas the Tank Engine originating in Britain, the car says "Railroad", an American term, as in "Thomas and the Magic Railroad".
- The first prototype Handcar has the number nine (9) written on its side, as well as "Sodor RR" written across its base.
- Although there was a handcar featured in the TV Series Season 5 episode, Haunted Henry and Seasons 14 and 15, the Thomas Wooden Railway depiction is inaccurate, due to wrong proportions and colors. As a result, this a "non-canon" car.