The Early Engineers Line was a subdivision of the Thomas Wooden Railway made by Learning Curve, comprising of models for younger children (those of 0-3 years of age). The engines and sets are smaller, chunkier, shorter and usually less detailed.
- The Early Engineers engines seem to derail more often, where as the regular Thomas Wooden Railway versions don't do so as much.
- Early Engineers products are compatible with other Thomas Wooden Railway products.
- The Deluxe Sodor Set is basically a combination of all of the other sets.
- Stanley's model gains cylinders.
- Rosie's windows are white instead of grayish blue.